KDE.org Website | Add Steam Deck to homepage and hardware pages (!140)

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Mon Mar 7 23:21:43 GMT 2022

On Tuesday, 8 March 2022 00:09:05 CET Nate Graham (@ngraham) wrote:
> Merge request https://invent.kde.org/websites/kde-org/-/merge_requests/140
> was reviewed by Nate Graham
>
> --
>
> Nate Graham started a new discussion on content/hardware.md:
> https://invent.kde.org/websites/kde-org/-/merge_requests/140#note_411103
> > +    of a PC. The Steam Deck comes with Steam OS, a distribution based on
> > Arch Linux that is +    optimized to run the latest AAA games using the
> > Proton compatibility layer. You can even +    connect a keyboard and a
> > mouse to have a full PC experience.
>
> How about:
> > Play your entire gaming library with this portable console that has the
> > flexibility of a PC. The Steam Deck runs KDE Plasma and is optimized to
> > run the latest AAA games using Proton compatibility technology. You can
> > even connect a keyboard and a mouse to have a full Plasma-based PC
> > experience.

There has been a lot of interest among the retro-gaming community for the
emulators it can run. Maybe we can work that in there too:

"""
Play all your games on a  portable console that doubles as a full-fledged PC.
The Steam Deck runs KDE Plasma, is optimized to run the latest AAA games
thanks to Proton, and can also run your favorite emulators. Connect a keyboard
and a mouse and, hey presto!: Enjoy a full Plasma-based PC experience.
"""
--
Promotion & Communication

www: http://kde.org