KDE Donations and Paypal

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 27 02:12:15 BST 2022

Hi,

I wanted to make a donation to KDE, so followed the link -
https://kde.org/community/donations/

Did attempt to pay via Paypal (I have an account) but when logged in,
Paypal would not let me proceed until there were 2 items to resolve
beforehand. These were to do with 'additional security measures'. At
the first one, Paypal wants me to verify my address and upload the
relevant documents ......... no thanks. >:(

For the sake of ones privacy, some hoops I will not jump through......lol

Difficult to understand how Paypal can require such stringent security
measures on the one hand, and yet on the other hand give my email
address to the receiving parties. That email address is the one used to
login. From https://money.stackexchange.com/questio ... 974#114974

    PayPal exposes your logon email to the receiving party. This is
    despite this being considered a breach in most jurisdictions and
    their also promising not to share financial information.

So I made the donation via GitHub ( https://github.com/sponsors/KDE/ ),
SO much easier.

So, please keep the Github method for donations. :)

(x-ref at  https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=292&t=175299 )

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Richards

Religion is for those who fear hell. Spirituality is for those who have
been there (Lars Muhl)