Turkish Translation

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Feb 11 19:10:38 GMT 2022

On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 7:43 AM Hasan Can KOLAY <hsncnkly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I’m from Turkey. I really like your subtitle software(Subtitle
> Composer). I would like to add the Turkish language voluntarily. I've tried
> translating from program files, but I can't edit files with the extension
> 'qm', I think. I would like to translate your software into Turkish and
> send the language files to you. Can you send me the translation file 'xml'
> or any editable way so that I can translate it?

HI Hasan,

Thanks for your interest in contributing to KDE software!

For translations, i'd recommend getting in touch with the general KDE
translation list, where someone should be able to steer you in the direct
of the tools you need to translate our software.
I've copied in that list to get that ball rolling for you.

> And I'm using your software to translate subtitles for anime series. But
> when I select a different audio stream from the software, the application
> gives an error and does not respond. Maybe this is due to the video or
> audio codec. 'H 265 Hevc' is a codec that is usually my videos. Maybe this
> problem can be solved if you add the default audio streaming option to the
> software. I also use windows 11, maybe there is incompatibility.
>

> The 'click to translate to your own language' option can be added to the
> software. In this way, this software can be addressed to more people. I'm
> waiting for a message from you.
>

> I'm also sorry about my poor English. I'm trying to improve. I wish you
> good work and a good day.
>

> Windows için Posta <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> ile
> gönderildi

Many thanks,