Having trouble adding my own puzzles to Palapell. I have played Palapell several years ago and absolutely loved it, but when my Ubuntu was upgraded to 18.04.6 the software was lost. I just now found it again but I don't remember it being so difficult to add my own pictures. I have been unable to figure out how to also change the number of pieces on the ones that come with it, I used to remember there being a slider at the bottom to select the number of pieces and I don't see that now. There seems to be a small icon which I assume is a "browse" button so I can browse in my own picture folder for what I want to add but it will not open when I click on it, what is the problem? Please advise on how to at least add my own pictures that I myself have taken, Thank you

Jeremy Whiting jeremypwhiting at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 01:21:56 GMT 2022

Hello,

The kde-www list is mostly about the kde.org websites. You may want to try
the kde-games-devel list
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-games-devel That said I took a
quick look at how to create new puzzles in Palapeli just now with the
latest package here on archlinux and it was mostly straightforward. Here's
what I did:

1. Click "Create New Puzzle..." either on the toolbar or in the Game menu.
If you already have a puzzle open you first have to click "Back to
Collection"
2. Choose an image file. I tried with both png and jpg files. Both worked.
3. Give it a name and specify the "Name of image author" fields otherwise
you can't click Next
4. Click next then pick how many pieces.

I don't see any way to edit an existing puzzle to change how many pieces it
has. Maybe that option got removed at some point.

BR,
Jeremy Whiting