Expired certificate

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Jan 27 08:01:22 GMT 2021

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 10:53 AM Laurent Rathle <laurentr2d2 at rathle.fr>
wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Laurent,

> I’ve made a mistake. The error message is not that the certificate has
> expired, but that it comes from an untrusted source. Perhaps is it tied to
> the fact that El Capitan is quite old now, and that it’s version of Safari
> doesn’t know about this certificate provider. The problem doesn’t happen
> with Firefox. Telling that I want to visit your site even if there is a
> warning, and registering the certificate in my access keychain has solved
> the problem.

Thanks for confirming that you've managed to resolve the issue.

I can confirm that this issue is due to El Capitan being out of date and
unsupported now, and therefore missing our certificate provider's new
certificate (it has their old one, but they've discontinued use of this as
it has expired).

You may see this with other sites as well, for which the steps at
https://oregonstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1935/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=108983
should resolve the issue.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley