Donation Option

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 20:20:58 GMT 2021

El vie, 12 de feb. de 2021 a la(s) 16:40, Zazo, Joseph
(jzazo at nohum.k12.ca.us) escribió:

> Hello! I love KDE and wanted to share BAT with you. It's a crypto and I was hoping you would accept it as a donation option. Accepting BAT means that Brave Browser users and I may then tip you BAT which you can cash out for USD and spend on whatever costs you see fit.
>
> Learn more: https://basicattentiontoken.org/

We used to have a way to accept Bitcoin, but I believe KDE's Bitpay
account got suspended. I'll ask around what happened with that.

Note that the KDE eV. organization is probably not legally allowed to
hold cryptocurrencies, so we would need to immediately convert them to
EUR anyway.

> Also please consider having an onion service: https://community.torproject.org/onion-services/

This would be *way* more work than you may think, rewriting all
internal links to also point to .onion addresses and setting it up on
several servers. We have like 200 hostnames. Which websites
specifically do you think need a hidden service? Last time this was
suggested, nobody really gave a compelling argument for why we should
do it (and then devolved into personal attacks and we had to ban him
-.-)

--
Nicolás