Homepage for KGeoTag

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Aug 27 21:02:11 BST 2021

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 7:00 AM Tobias Leupold <tl at l3u.de> wrote:

> Dear www mailing list,

Hi Tobias,

> I'm Tobias Leupold, the maintainer of KGeoTag. This is a quite new project
> (v1.0 has been released in February this year), but encouragingly, the
> project
> has already found it's way into the repositories of some Linux
> distributions,
> and quite a lot of translation work has already been done.
>
> Soonish, I want to tag and release KGeoTag 1.1. Currently, there's no
> "real"
> dedicated homepage, where I could post release announcements and such.
> Thus I
> wondered if it was possible to get a subdomain on KDE for it (Jekyll/Git-
> driven like the one for KPhotoAlbum, e. g. kgeotag.kde.org -- at this
> time, an
> own TLD like kgeotag.org would be overkill imo)?

As a general rule the KDE e.V. is trying to avoid picking up additional
domains, as each one comes with a certain degree of administrative overhead
(processing renewals, managing the DNS zone, etc)

Before we go too much further down the path of setting up a website here,
have you looked into what you can do with https://apps.kde.org/kgeotag/ -
which is populated from your Appstream metadata?

> It's not much to put there, but some place to put more information about
> the
> project and news posts, release announcements and so on would be nice.
>
> Would this be possible?
>
> Cheers, Tobias

Thanks,
Ben