T12058: Moving kde.org to git

Carl Schwan noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 13 12:55:41 GMT 2020

ognarb added a comment.

  We could try to remove all the images from the git history and add then again optimized in one commit at the end. It will be less radical than removing the complete history. Another solution would be to play with Git lfs (https://git-lfs.github.com) and have the images/videos/pdfs stored in another server.

  Another problem is the i18n folder, I removed it from the history but I don't doubt it will grow again after the conversion.  I guess having binary factory fetch the translations when building the website instead of scripty generating then could be a good solution.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T12058