Problems accessing community.kde.org with non-1500 mtu connection

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu May 2 11:57:23 BST 2019

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 9:32 AM Tobias Klaus <tk at meskal.net> wrote:

> Hey Ben,

Hi Tobias,

> thanks for your investigation.
>
> I am behind the same "low mtu" network and tested the sites you asked for.
>
> Am Mittwoch, 1. Mai 2019, 09:48:35 CEST schrieb Ben Cooksley:
> > Would you mind describing the access issues you're having with
> > community.kde.org,
> From a user's point of view the site https://community.kde.org suffers from a
> timeout during the ssl handshake and is thus inaccessible.
>
> > and confirming whether this issue also affects
> > sites such as dot.kde.org, forum.kde.org and krita.org?
> All theses sites time out the same way community.kde.org does.
>
> > If it does,
> > can you confirm that labplot.kde.org isn't affected?
> As you suspected, labplot.kde.org loads just fine and is accessible.

Okay. In order to escalate this to our provider we're probably going
to need some details on the characteristics of your connection.
Could you please provide the MTU of your connection, name of your
provider, along with the exact IPv4/IPv6 addresses which one of the
affected sites resolves to?

(Our provider has a global network, so your geographic location
changes the datacenter you get directed to)

Cheers,
Ben