Word puzzles in release announcements

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:54:13 BST 2018

Hi,
(please CC, I'm not subscribed)

There are a few translatable strings extracted from release
announcements' .php files like these:
  "Today KDE unveils a %1 release of Plasma %2."
  "Today KDE unveils the %1 release of Plasma %2."
  "Today KDE launches the %1 release of Plasma %2."
where "%1" in substituted by a hardcoded English word.

For example in announcements/plasma-5.14.0.php:
  i18n_var("Today KDE launches the %1 release of Plasma %2.", "first", "5.14")
the word "first" cannot be translated into other human languages.

Please fix. I guess even a static string "Today KDE launches the first
release of Plasma 5.14." would be better than what we have now.

--
Alexander Potashev