do you need www.kde.org write access?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Mar 7 12:24:32 UTC 2018

On mercredi 7 mars 2018 12:31:21 CET Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have been working on a modernized website and backend for www.kde.org.
> The new site will do away with the old PHP custom CMS and will run
> wordpress instead.
>
> This means that access control will be different, so we have to make sure
> that we do not interrupt critical workflows by cutting people off from
> write access to WKO. This is why I wrote this email.
>
> Please reply at least to the kde-www list with your name, KDE identity name
> and the reason why you'd need write access to WKO so we can make this
> process run smoothly. Also, be a good neighbor and poke your friendly
> release manager, fellow promo person or whoever in your opinion may need
> write access to also reply to this email.

I need write access to announce the KF5 releases every month
(entry on main page, adding the release-specific page and the changelog).

I need to be able to do these things in an AUTOMATED manner, which was very
easy to do with PHP files in SVN, my scripts were adding everything
automatically. I am not looking forward to having to change those scripts but
I understand the necessity. However is it actually possible to automate
changes with wordpress, at all?

KDE identity name: dfaure

Working on KDE Frameworks 5