migration to new WKO website

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Mar 7 11:52:31 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 12:24:51PM +0100, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Anything else?

The release scripts used by me for Plasma and the others for
Frameworks and Applications at least need updated to use the Wordpress
API to add pages.  Is there anyone who has experience of doing this?
This is a blocker for moving the site over.

One www-backstage the links aren't clean, they have index.php in the link name which looks ugly
https://www-backstage.kde.org/index.php/2018/02/06/plasma-5-12-0/

The formatting on the release announcements has been largely removed and the page used it too narrow.
Compare
https://www-backstage.kde.org/index.php/2018/02/06/plasma-5-12-0/
and
https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.12.0.php

On the release announcements the Feedback, Supporting KDE and following sections have disappeared
https://www-backstage.kde.org/index.php/2018/02/20/plasma-5-12-2/
vs
https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.12.2.php

The patrons logos are smaller at the foot of the page, dunno if that's deliberate.

The formatting has been removed from the applications pages
https://www-backstage.kde.org/index.php/software/development/kapptemplate/
vs
https://www.kde.org/applications/development/kapptemplate/

and the link to Development Information on the above page goes to the current site

The colours on the menu bar on the KDE Software Catalogue are hard to read https://www-backstage.kde.org/index.php/software/

What will happen with pages that aren't imported into the CMS? We can't lose all the old announcements.

As others say translations need worked out, old URLs need redirects.

We have websites in Drupal such as Dot and Akademy, are there any
thoughts on updating the Drupal theme?  Or porting from Drupal to
Wordpress but that's a scary task.

Is there any public task tracker for this project?

I need access, jriddell.

Jonathan