Feedback: Account activation on KDE Identity

micha micha at michaelwerle.com
Wed Jan 3 13:21:33 UTC 2018

Feedback:

Very unhappy about the lack of selection of username during the
registration process.

After registering using one of the three suggested names, I browsed the
existing usernames and neither of my preferred names was in use.
Furthermore, my preferred username format has been used by other users
(first initial + lastname). Hence I completely fail to understand
firstly why the selection of username is restricted to a drop-down list
instead of being able to type in a preferred name, and secondly why the
selection is so limited (lastname, firstname+lastnamne,
lastname+firstname).

While I doubt I'll be able to do anything about my identity now, for
future users please reconsider the current implementation.

Wbr,
  - Michael WERLE