KDE.org; Drupal to Wordpress

Kenny Duffus kenny at kde.org
Fri May 12 07:16:17 UTC 2017

On Monday, 8 May 2017 12:01:39 BST Kenny Duffus wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 May 2017 21:21:13 BST Ken Vermette wrote:
> > Hello everyone;
> >
> > I have fairly large update on the kde.org site progress, and as I'm
> > planning a change in course I wanted to run it by everyone;
> >
> > Instead of Drupal 8 I'm switching to Wordpress for kde.org +1. The
> > Drupal 8 design will be discontinued, and instead I will update the
> > Drupal 7 Neverland theme with responsive header/footers plus a more
> > Aetheric design. This will directly service the Akademy and Dot
> > websites (and others which I may be forgetting), and will be done
> > shortly after the Wordpress design is ready.
>
> Great to here, Akademy website theme has been growing old

One thing to note about the Akademy website we make quite heavy use of the
neverland option to use a specific bootstrap icon in menu entries to help
visitors identify the right options

We also have some customisation to show specific menus based on the year
in the url / page, hopefully this wouldn't be to hard to migrate as I
don't think it is particularly neverland specific

--

	Kenny