drupal and releases

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Mar 31 09:46:17 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 10:29 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> My script for it is here
>  https://cgit.kde.org/releaseme.git/tree/plasma/plasma-webpages
> which takes this template and plonks it in svn
>  https://cgit.kde.org/releaseme.git/tree/plasma/templates/plasma_announce_template.php.erb
>
> Now it's not hard to copy and paste it from an editor into Drupal
> which is what I do for the Dot story, see line 54
>  https://cgit.kde.org/releaseme.git/tree/plasma/plasma-release
>
> But it's a bit more faff and a bit more error prone
>
> However it's also easy enough to have kde.org served from Drupal but
> keep kde.org/announcements served from PHP files same as currently
> which I'd prefer.

>From my perspective i'd prefer a full migration away from Capacity,
simply due to it's age bearing in mind the fact that PHP 5 will become
unavailable at some point in the nearish future. The probability of it
breaking in some form or another with PHP 7 is reasonably high i'd
say.

Also note that one would need to maintain two sets of themes as well,
not to mention the additional complexity of the server configuration -
which depending on the path uses two different PHP interpreters - and
Capacity is dependent on having full control over the /media path of a
given host as well, which creates an additional point of conflict with
the CMS.

> Jonathan

Regards,
Ben