Cannot register

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Jun 9 08:14:04 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 8:01 AM, <webman at manfbraun.de> wrote:

> Hi All !

Hi Manfred,

> I recoginzed "Konsole" some days ago, so I came along,
>
> would say "thanks" and make a recommendation.
>

> But, in a first step, I cannot register - this is really very annoying ....
>

> [  https://identity.kde.org/index.php?r=registration/enterDetails  ]
>

> I was never a spammer .... Then I recognized, that my spam-blocker shows a
> really
>
> strange domain - said, to not have the screeshot by hand. Finally, I had
> to enable
>
> the biggest spy after the NSA, google, to allow to verify, were over all
> in the world
>
> I ever was   ....  :-(  :-(
>

> Start thinking.
>
> This is a very ugly political dullness, sorry.

Apologies that you weren't able to register - our anti-spam detect system
operates on a best effort basis using several bits of information.
Unfortunately that does mean that it generates incorrect results from time
to time.

Due to the sheer number of spammers operating at the moment we have to use
an aggressive approach to blocking spammers unfortunately.

If you send the following details to sysadmin at kde.org we'll manually
register your account:
- First and Last Name
- Desired username (related to your first/last name if possible)
- Your email address

> Best regards,
>

> Manfred

Cheers,