[kde-community] Wikis uneditable

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Feb 27 13:52:00 UTC 2016

Am Samstag, 27. Februar 2016, 00:47:39 CET schrieb Ingo Malchow:
> Am Dienstag, 2. Februar 2016, 20:51:40 CET schrieb Ben Cooksley:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Until further notice, all wikis hosted under KDE.org have been
> > rendered uneditable by everyone except members of the Identity group
> > "web-admins".
> >
> > Unfortunately it seems bots (or a human sweatshop) have completely
> > automated the login (via OpenID/Identity none the less) and abusive
> > editing of many of our wikis.
> >
> > This appears to be an issue being experienced by other Mediawiki
> > installations elsewhere as well.
> >
> > At some point we may reinvestigate restoring editing rights to a more
> > limited number of users, but until then our wikis will remain closed
> > to editing.
> >
> > If necessary, we may need to consider migration to alternative Wiki
> > software.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ben Cooksley
> > KDE Sysadmin
>
> This has been fixed now. The wikis are updated and the login was changed to
> an OAuth2 based login via Phabricator.
> This means you need an identity account, and have it activated on http://
> phabricator.kde.org
> For more information see https://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/Wiki-Phablogin

Very good. And can confirm it works.
Thanks for fixing and protecting some more against those awful socially
challenged spammers!

One issue:
on first login with phabricator to e.g. userbase, on the form to enter a new
account name or pick an existing account, if picking new account and entering
a name which is already taken, there is no feedback besides a blank page. So
one has to guess there was a name collision.

Thanks again
Friedrich