Long Term / KDE.org Design Update

Ingo Malchow imalchow at kde.org
Thu Mar 26 23:45:18 UTC 2015

Am Donnerstag, 26. März 2015, 19:25:34 schrieb Ken Vermette:
> It is, but as far as I've seen it can only be used for other sites using
> capacity; I'm mostly hoping for a client-side CMS-agnostic solution which
> could run regardless of what is happening server-side. That way we could
> keep components across sites like Planet, .org, forums, wikis, etc etc -
> and provide updates without having to mess with any of em'... This mostly
> applies to headers/footers, but we'd probably get other utilities.
>
> I'd like the limit of the interaction required by whatever is using the
> API; keep things out of the server-side so we don't need to worry about
> individual CMSs. Ideally, something handled on the template level that
> doesn't require maintaining extra plugins or extensions.

This is also partly already done. E.g. the "KDE Links" on the footer bar on
the forum (or other sites using neverland) are displayed by a small js script
that gets loaded via the current cdn setup. The sites that want to use it just
need to load the script. Those that use neverland should already load it per
default.
So yeah, something work was already started on. As such, +1 :P