Long Term / KDE.org Design Update

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Mar 19 20:33:32 UTC 2015

El Dimecres, 18 de març de 2015, a les 16:53:57, Ken Vermette va escriure:
> Hello Everyone;

Hi

> My name is Ken Vermette, I'm a member of the VDG and by trade a web
> designer/developer. We're interested in modernising the kde.org websites
> and getting the ball rolling on better unifying the sites as a whole. I'm
> personally willing (and expecting) to invest the time and programming
> effort required to do this. I know it's obvious, but we'd also like to work
> closely with the web team.
>
> It's a huge undertaking and we know it will easily take years to finish all
> the sites; we would like to know we aren't stepping on toes, duplicating
> existing efforts, etc. Before any of that we need the green-light from
> here, and would also like to invite web-team participation in building a
> maintainable and more universal kde.org network.

I applaud the effort :)

One reminder though, our content in kde.org is also pretty outdated, it'd be
good to somehow get to update it at some point, nice looks are great, but they
have to go with nice content too :)

Cheers,
  Albert