Rethinking https://www.kde.org/download/distributions.php

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jun 30 11:10:22 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> That page has a problem:

Hi Albert,

>  * It lists kdelibs when it should list Plasma 5, KDE Frameworks and KDE
> Applications versions
>
> The problem is that knowing that for each distro is A LOT OF WORK, previously
> we could piggy-back on DistroWatch to read kdelibs code but DistroWatch is not
> having the 3 versions for the three things we need.
>
> One possibility is just killing the page.
>
> Anyone remembers what was the original rationale for having that list?

Was probably so people could find a distro with KDE, back in the day.
These days so many distros carry our software that i'm not sure it has
any worth anymore.

I'd be in favour of killing it, pointing people to a list of
distributions which carry KDE software (not stating versions) on the
wiki (so people / packagers / distributors can self-maintain it).

> Cheers,
>   Albert

Thanks,
Ben