SoK: A New PlanetKDE

Ranveer Aggarwal ranveeraggarwal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:25:52 UTC 2015

Greetings!

I started off my Project under Season of KDE 2014 with a motive to design
and revamp KDE's own blog aggregator, PlanetKDE. Initiated by my mentor
Jonathan Riddell, back in 2008, this website did an amazing job of scraping
off content from KDE's bloggers.

Since this was my first experience with Open Source, I initially restricted
my interaction with the community, and went on designing and understanding
everything myself, mailing my mentor when I was stuck. Around two weeks
back, I completed my first draft and I thought it looked decent.
Then I was suggested to consult the Visual Design Forum and boy were they
and enthusiastic bunch! They suggested loads of changes in the design and
patiently helped me as I proceeded.

And now, the site is live: https://planetkde.org/

This has been a great experience, and one of the biggest take backs was
that when you work with various people, on something that will influence
various people, you're bound to learn a lot.
I sincerely thank my mentor and everyone else who contributed for the
amazing experience. I'll definitely keep contributing to KDE in the days to
come.
Hope you all like the new design.

Any bug report/improvement/review would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Ranveer Aggarwal