Sprint: Reorganize the wikis

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Thu Dec 3 09:58:50 UTC 2015

On Thursday 03 December 2015 00:10:53 Olivier Churlaud wrote:

> I'm coming here with this observation: the wiki are quite a mess. And
> very often KDE4 and KF5 things are mixed.
> That everyone do it at their scale is impossible. That's why I have a
> proposition. (I've thought about it for a while)

Unfortunately it's in the nature of Wikis to get messy over time. Kind of the
flip side of being easy to edit and share stuff. So I think a dedicated effort
to clean things up is a great thing. Thanks for taking the initiative.

> It would be easier to do this like in a sprint, in team.

Agreed. I remember a Wiki sprint we did some years ago which was quite
productive.

> 1) Define what structure the wiki should have: What is techbase? What is
> Community? Are the manuals in Userbase or on doc? and so on

Please take into account the current definition at https://wiki.kde.org/ (one
of the results of the sprint mentioned above ;-). Doesn't have to be set in
stone, but I do think this still gives a very good guide line.