Sprint: Reorganize the wikis

Olivier Churlaud olivier at churlaud.com
Wed Dec 2 23:10:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm coming here with this observation: the wiki are quite a mess. And
very often KDE4 and KF5 things are mixed.
That everyone do it at their scale is impossible. That's why I have a
proposition. (I've thought about it for a while)

It would be easier to do this like in a sprint, in team.

1) Define what structure the wiki should have: What is techbase? What is
Community? Are the manuals in Userbase or on doc? and so on
2) then take each page and order => Archive KDE4 | Mess | KF5 | To remove
3) Do a list of what is missing and what should be tidied.
4) Write to the corresponding teams so that they take care of it.
5) Remove what should be

What I mean in 2) is: for example there are N pages about how to
configure Git. We take the good one, put the other in a namespace "To
remove"

What I mean in 4) is: for example in https://community.kde.org/Sonnet,
it's very old, and not much documented (sorry if some of you are reading
this, I pick it randomly), so we can put a mail on the ML and tell them
'well we saw that...'

Basically this is my vision of what could be done.

Since I don't always know what is old what is still usable and so on,
people with this knowledge would be required.

I think we should plan it very carefully, to have a battle plan, and
then go.

What do you think?
Would people be interested to give a hand?
How and when do we begin?

Cheers
Olivier

--
Olivier CHURLAUD
Engineer Student at Ecole Centrale de Lyon
@: olivier at churlaud.com
tel: +49 (0)1575-2931348
in:  http://linkedin.com/in/olivierchurlaud
web: http://olivier.churlaud.com