URL scheme for links to Handbooks on docs.kde.org

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Oct 16 19:08:58 UTC 2014

Am Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2014, 19:12:02 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El Dijous, 16 d'octubre de 2014, a les 19:11:06, Albert Astals Cid va
>
> escriure:
> > El Dijous, 16 d'octubre de 2014, a les 10:19:09, Burkhard Lück va
escriure:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > on kde.org and wiki pages most links to the Handbooks on docs.kde.org
> > > use
> > > the scheme

> > > ht
> > > ml
> > >
> > > That is really error prone if module are renamed or splitted or moved
> > > from
> > > stable to development kdeversion.
> > >
> > > With kf5 we will probably get a lot of broken links on our websites.
> > >
> > > So I propose to use this url scheme instead:
> > >
> > > http://docs.kde.org/?language=<language>&application=<appname>
> > >
> > > This url opens the stable version of <appname>/index.html on d.k.o or
> > > the
> > > development version if appname has no stable branch like many extragear
> > > applications
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> >
> > Makes sense.
>
> It would be cool if we could mantain compatibility for the "old" version so
> that existing links also work.

Nothing has to be changed on the d.k.o server to use this url scheme, this
feature works apparently since ages. It is not my own finding, I got this info
from comment #6 in BR # 279900

But of course we need a kind of translation layer to have old links also
working, when d.k.o switches to kf5

--
Burkhard Lück