URL scheme for links to Handbooks on docs.kde.org

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Oct 16 08:19:09 UTC 2014

Hi,

on kde.org and wiki pages most links to the Handbooks on docs.kde.org use the
scheme

That is really error prone if module are renamed or splitted or moved from
stable to development kdeversion.

With kf5 we will probably get a lot of broken links on our websites.

So I propose to use this url scheme instead:

http://docs.kde.org/?language=<language>&application=<appname>

This url opens the stable version of <appname>/index.html on d.k.o or the
development version if appname has no stable branch like many extragear
applications

What do you think?

--
Burkhard Lück