Received Spam Mail to KDE address

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Nov 11 22:10:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:35 AM,  <kde at bassmonkey.de> wrote:
> Hi Ben,

Hi Fabian,

> thanks for the quick response. I mean the address that I used to register on
> the kde website to report a bug. It's the address, I'm sending this mail
> from. I only used it once to register on your site.

That would explain it. The bug tracker at bugs.kde.org is a public
system. Part of the action it takes when you report, comment or change
bugs is to send emails to publicly accessible mailing lists which will
contain your email address. This is likely how the spammers discovered
your address.

This is mentioned quite clearly when you register on Bugzilla.

> Thanks
> Fabian

Thanks,
Ben