pretty mailman listinfo pages?

Gérard Talbot browserbugs at gtalbot.org
Thu Apr 24 12:06:22 UTC 2014

Le 2014-04-23 12:49, Felix Miata a écrit :
> On 2014-04-23 10:40 (GMT-0400) Ahmed Fathy Hussein composed:
>
>> I've updated the page to include all the edits you suggested.
>
> There's still the gray text problem

Ahmed,

Felix is right.

Text color is #2E3436
See bootstrap.css at line 187:
body {
   margin: 0;
   font-family: "Open Sans", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial,
sans-serif;
   font-size: 14px;
   line-height: 1.6em;
   color: #2e3436;
   background-color: #ffffff;
}

while div.well uses

div.well {
background-color: whitesmoke;
/* which is background-color: #f5f5f5; at line 2953 of bootstrap.css */
}

So you have light gray on almost-but-not-entirely-white kind of
background color.

Ahmed, can you add at line 14:

body {font-size: 100%; color: black;}

This will undeniably improve accessibility and readability of the page.

> , and inordinate whitespace, but
> its respectful text sizes are clearly friendlier than your previous
> versions.
>
>>  The problem
>> with strict DTD is that elements like <center> should not be used. It
>> still
>> renders correctly in Chrome and Firefox but I'm not sure this would be
>> the
>> case in other browsers.
>
> This is KDE. It has its own browser, Konqueror, which arguably should
> be the first choice in testing kde.org pages (in both WebKit and KHTML
> modes).

Konqueror (with KHTML rendering engine) is no longer being maintained.

> In spite of its lack of png support it looks perfectly usable
> in Netscape 4.61 here. In Konq3 and Gecko 1.8.x I see no differences
> from Gecko 26 or 29 to suggest failure to validate would be an actual
> problem with the HTML Mailman produces.
>
> Neither is there a compelling need to use a strict doctype, since the
> Mailman code seems to have its genesis long ago when transitional was
> commonplace, all the common browsers that remain trustworthy are
> familiar with it.
>
>>  I can't stop using <center> as this is put
>> automatically in mailman templates and I can't replace it. Do you have
>> any
>> suggestions regarding this or should I go back to Transitional?
>
> Mailman is FOSS written primarily in Python. Templates can be
> modified.

Well, then, that (Mailman can be modified) is good news.

Gérard

--
Konqueror Implementation Report of CSS 2.1 test suite (RC6): 9418
testcases