pretty mailman listinfo pages?

Ahmed Fathy Hussein alwahsh.ahmed at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 14:40:53 UTC 2014

> Ahmed
>
> As coded as of right now, the following

> <!-- $Revision: 5865 $ -->
> <HTML>
>
> will trigger backward-compatible "quirks" rendering mode in all mainstream
> browsers: eg load the page in Firefox and do Tools/Information on the page
> (Ctrl+I). backward-compatible "quirks" rendering mode is something you
> always want to avoid.
>
> You need a doctype with a strict DTD like
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
>
> or just:
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
>
> to trigger web-standards-compliant rendering mode.
>
> Please note that

I've updated the page to include all the edits you suggested. The problem
with strict DTD is that elements like <center> should not be used. It still
renders correctly in Chrome and Firefox but I'm not sure this would be the
case in other browsers. I can't stop using <center> as this is put
automatically in mailman templates and I can't replace it. Do you have any
suggestions regarding this or should I go back to Transitional?

Thanks,
Ahmed AbouElhamayed