[kde-promo] Publish date with announcements?

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 09:36:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:

> Hey Martin,
>
> On Monday, February 25, 2013 19:00:40 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> > I was just looking for some info about KDE4 alpha 1 and the first search
> > result was the announcement from kde.org, which is great. However that
> > whole article has no date on it, so one has no idea when is that
> > announcement from. Then I found out that all the announcements have no
> > date, even article publishing. Given the announcements being archived, I
> > think it would make sense to add publish date to the web template.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0-alpha1.php
>
> Look for "May 11, 2007", it's there on all announcement pages (that I've
> checked), right at the start of the announcement. That's consistent with
> how
> press releases are done.

Ok, I got confused. What Google returns as a first result for 4.0 alpha1 is
this: http://www.kde.org/announcements/visualguide-4.0-alpha1.php - which
is the visual guide, that has no link to the original announcement, albeit
it does say the 4.0 will be out in October 2007. However - latest
announcement - http://kde.org/announcements/4.10/ - has no date at all,
same for 4.9 - http://kde.org/announcements/4.9/

So when someone will be searching for those announcements, there's no
indication of "when" this was released. And given it will be returned quite
high in search results, I still think it would be good to have the date
there somewhere.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer