[kde-promo] Publish date with announcements?

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 18:51:13 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Martin Klapetek
<martin.klapetek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I was just looking for some info about KDE4 alpha 1 and the first search
> result was the announcement from kde.org, which is great. However that whole
> article has no date on it, so one has no idea when is that announcement
> from. Then I found out that all the announcements have no date, even article
> publishing. Given the announcements being archived, I think it would make
> sense to add publish date to the web template.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers
> --
> Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer

Announcements are current news. So when they first appear, readers can
easily surmise the date or know approximately what it is. I don't
think that it would detract from the announcements to show a date.

On the other hand from a strictly archive perspective, the
announcement page shows the date prominently.
http://kde.org/announcements/.

I agree with you that it would be helpful to have the date on the
announcement page itself. Occasionally I see webpages with no date and
have no way of determining the age of the content.

Carl