Draft message to Community ML - comments, please

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Aug 23 09:40:39 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org> wrote:
> On 22/08/2013 22:38, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> El Dimecres, 21 d'agost de 2013, a les 10:02:25, Anne Wilson va escriure:
>> I am confused, so you put a ban for two weeks to the guy, he does nothing and
>> then because he did nothing you decide to extend the ban to an indefinite
>> time? What should have he done so that you decided not to ban him forever?
>>
> He was asked to talk to us about the complaints that had been raised
> against him.  The hope was that we could convince him to "clean up" his
> comments.  He has not done so.
>
> While the ban has been marked "Indefinite" it can be reversed at any
> time.  All he has to do is contact us as requested with a will to solve
> the problem.  He has been given both an email address and an irc address.

A 2 weeks ban in the middle of a holiday season where people are often
away for 3 or more weeks seems really harsh.

Also nobody seems to have taken into account the research made by
argonel which makes this ban seem to be very severe, and maybe
unnecessary.

Just my 2 cts...

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org