Fwd: Unintended changes at community.kde.org?

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Aug 5 08:19:22 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Frank Reininghaus <frank78ac at googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Subject: Unintended changes at community.kde.org?
To: plasma-devel at kde.org

Hi everyone,

(please CC me in any replies, I'm not subscribed)

I recently had a look at the Dolphin pages at community.kde.org. We
don't actually use them much - Peter and I mostly used
http://community.kde.org/Dolphin/Dolphin-2.0-Status to list the things
that still needed to be done for the new view engine before the KDE
4.8 release (the page is mostly empty now because the vast majority of
these issues had been resolved a long time ago).

I found out that a certain user 'Cyberhacker' has recently started
adding links to bug reports to the page:

http://community.kde.org/index.php?title=Dolphin/Dolphin-2.0-Status&action=history

It's not hard to guess which bugs.kde.org user 'Cyberhacker' is.

The reason why I'm telling you about this is that he did the same
thing with the "Plasma/Tasks" page:

http://community.kde.org/index.php?title=Plasma/Tasks&action=history

I don't know how much you use that page, but if you do, be aware that
not all content on the page is made by the Plasma team.

Moreover, 'Cyberhacker' has set up this page:

http://community.kde.org/Back_to_basics

which is linked to from the community.kde.org start page with the
comment "Let's make KDE better!" - I'm not sure if we want that.

I wish everyone a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Frank