Neverland theme (like in dot KDE) to Wordpress

Sayak Banerjee sayakb at kde.org
Thu Nov 1 15:23:06 UTC 2012

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Filipe Saraiva <filipe at kde.org> wrote:
> I started a work to lead Neverland theme, like used in dot KDE
> website, from Drupal to Wordpress.
> This work is very advanced. I need some more work in sidebar, but I
> think it is ready to send to Neverland repository.

Sorry for the late response - looks like you already removed the theme from
your blog. The sidebar basically runs one of my outdated codes which I plan
to scrap as bootstrap now provides upstream support for a floating sidebar.
Some work was being done on a Wordpress version, but then we decided to
migrate kde.org to drupal - so the work on WordPress came to a halt.

We follow a certain list of guidelines when writing a neverland variant.
You can ping us on IRC so that we can discuss (I am sayakb there). Some of
the important things we follow are:
 - We always inherit from the base theme:
http://cdn.kde.org/css/bootstrap.css. The child stylesheets only rewrite a
few coponents - we try not to override the default unless essential to do
so.
 - Themes we have are responsive. We don't do fluid layouts anymore. The
concept is simple - nav items should collapse, the content should be
reorganized correctly on different resolutions.
 - We try to maintain font size, icon colors and same element styles across
all sites.

There are many other bits. Before we put it in the repo, I'd like to take a
look at the theme. In any case, I really appreciate your efforts.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Bart Otten <bart.otten85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all: Great job! I have done some work for Neverland in the past,
> but the project did never get a reasonable pace. Seems there is improvement
> :D

We have been working like crazy on Neverland since months. Right now, we
have more around 10 different sites (the forum, wikis, drupal, identity,
blogs, behindkde, bugzilla, season, download/files, paste) running
neverland flavors. There are other sites in queue as well, like the
mainsite (which already as a theme as it's coming up on drupal) and the
planet.
*

Regards,
Sayak Banerjee