[kde-promo] (no subject)

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Jun 19 10:54:10 UTC 2012

Hi Carl,

Answering in private mail with the KDE web team in Cc.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Carl Symons <carlsymons at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Kevin Kyzer <kevin at k3v.in> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My name is Kevin Kyzer. I'm an SEO and online marketing professional from
>> Gilbert, Arizona, USA. I've been using KDE for over 5 years now, and would
>> love to give back to the community in my own special way. I specialize in
>> organic link building, and improving a wide variety of on page and off-site
>> search engine ranking factors. Any suggestions on what I could do for you to
>> help?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Kevin Kyzer
>>

> Hello Kevin,
>
> Thanks for contacting KDE Promo.
>
> The main meeting of the KDE Community is coming up in about 2 weeks in
> Tallinn, Estonia. There will be discussions about marketing and
> promotion that will probably influence the use of online marketing
> such as you do.
>
> As you can see at kde.org, there are quite a number of KDE websites.
> And there is no central authority coordinating them.

Which is just plain wrong, we have a KDE www team and the sysadmins
who administer our servers. It would be best to actually forward him
to the web team if he wants to participate, but from my POV, I don't
that his SEO skills are of much use. I would be gladyl proven wrong :)

Also JFYI: at the FSFE we recently got some elaborate SPAM offering
help for exactly that, also from people saying they would be
supporters of Free Software. In effect they were just trying to place
links.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org