patron logos on wko

Ingo Malchow imalchow at kde.org
Fri Dec 7 15:11:18 UTC 2012

Am Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 15:58:51 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> On Friday, December 07, 2012 14:01:19 you wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 13:45:16 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> > > We would like to promote KDE e.V.'s patrons a bit more. For that, we
> > > talked
> > > with out tax consultant (there are very strict rules about this) what
> > > constitues promotion in line with a non-profit. The tax consultant
> > > suggested that, given a certain form, logos of our sponsors on our
> > > websites are fine.>
> > >
> > > As such, I would like to add logos (but not links) of our patrons in a
> > > new
> > > sidebar on www.kde.org. Naturally, I'd be willing to do the webmonkey
> > > bits,
> > > but first, I want to ask if anyone has objections to this.
> > >
> > > Patrons provide great value for KDE as they help us to finance our daily
> > > operataions, sprints, and much more. Yet, we're not able (by law) to
> > > give
> > > much back, hence my question to add logos.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your opinion on this,
> >
> > for me personally a list of patrons is perfectly fine and does not
> > interfere  with the rule of no link exchange with externals.
> > Would you want it as a global widget or sidebar or just on the frontpage?
>
> Maybe just on the frontpage, in order to not clutter the whole of wko?

Yes, sounds good to me. And considering the webstats that should make it (69%
staying on the mainsite for up to 30 secs only and frontpage being the most
visited page by far).
If you want, i can surely give you a hand.

Cheerio,
Ingo Malchow
--
(neverendingo)
KDE Community Working Group, KDE User Working Group