help

Ingo Malchow imalchow at kde.org
Fri Sep 9 17:25:57 UTC 2011

Am Samstag, 3. September 2011, 09:20:51 schrieb LucaTringali:
> Hello everybody,
> I heard you need some help. I know php, python, java, html5, svg (and mysql)
> quite well. I also know a little the Facebook API. What can I do?
>
> Luca Tringali

Hello Luca,

thanks for your interest in helping out, always welcome. ATM it is a bit
difficult though. See below.
Usually we fix things as they come up, be it some typos on a website or some
coding issues. We have quite many different CMS running, and our own, too.
For some basic information you can check out http://community.kde.org/KDE.org

Currently we are working on a complete new system for the mainsite,
www.kde.org. Right now it is run by our framework (Capacity). But we want to
switch to wordpress as backend and an entirely (and revolutionary) design.
You can check the sources of that new theme on
https://projects.kde.org/projects/websites/neverland

So you probably hard to give you a specific task right now. But if you have
further questions or just want to hang out and watch where you can jump in,
you might want to join us on freenode's IRC, channel #kde-www . Most of the
stuff we do is discussed there in realtime.

Hope to hear back from you.

Cheerio,
--
Ingo Malchow