Outdated application pages at kde.org/applications

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Mar 15 10:20:00 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 15 March 2011 09:26:47 Ingo Malchow wrote:
> 2011/3/15 Emil Sedgh <emilsedgh at gmail.com>:
> >> And right now i remembered some plans we had when we wrote the new app
> >> system. We wanted to make it possible to have the corresponding json
> >> file in the app's own repo. So app devs don't need to bother with
> >> locations. That way the work what needs to be done is
> >>
> >> 1. app dev updates the json file with current information
> >> 2. web team takes care of setting up the location of that json file in
> >> our website system
> >> 3. a possible cronjob reads from that repo location only that file and
> >> makes it show on the app pages
> >
> > Isnt most of that already possible by projects.k.o projects list?
> > Projects have name's, description, categorization and even icon there.
>
> It is, even though a collection of all the links about an app or
> screenshots are missing. Something like the entry point for plain
> users.

Some time ago we experimented with having a software information box on the
relevant UserBase page.  We stopped doing it, because the manual maintenance
made it totally impractical.  What could usefully be done is to place a link
to a relevant information page on each app's page - as long as I'm told the
best place to get this info. :-)  Is it projects.k.o or somewhere else?  To be
honest, looking at projects.k.o. it isn't obvious that the info is there.

Anne