Wiki feedback tools

thorsten at staerk.de thorsten at staerk.de
Sun Jul 17 08:28:12 UTC 2011

> 2011/6/6 Lukas <1lukas1 at gmail.com>:
>> Hi Trever,
>>
>> A month ago I wrote to www-mailing list
>> http://old.nabble.com/Slice-the-pie...-td31463264.html
>> Rating/happy.vs.unhappy plugin would fit perfectly this work flow, but
>> also
>> it could be easily embedded into any other kde site without any extra
>> hassle.
>>
>> WWW squad, was there any talks within the sprint about it?
>
> Quite some discussions took place, and all our plans changed, so yeah,
> we also talked about integrating different social bookmarks or sharing
> data. I am about to write a blog about the concrete things soon.
>

>> Cheers,
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 6 June 2011 00:55, Trever Fischer <tdfischer at fedoraproject.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Howdy.
>>>
>>> Here at Randa, the KDE Multimedia team had a discussion on community
>>> building.
>>> One major topic considered was the introduction of new developers.
>>> Currently,
>>> Phonon has a total of two developers and we're always looking for more.
>>> As
>>> part of introducing new developers, we're revamping our efforts across
>>> all
>>> of
>>> kde-multimedia to document APIs, development processes, tools, etc
>>>
>>> I went to review our current "introduction to phonon" tutorial[1] and
>>> noticed
>>> a curious feature: The "infobox" on the right side displays the number
>>> of
>>> happy and unhappy readers.
>
> This is not even an extension, just a plain template. Not sure if it
> is useful at all.
>

>>> If an unhappy reader views the page, I'm 90% certain that they wouldn't
>>> go
>>> through the effort to edit the page to say that they were unhappy.
>
> Indeed, see above.

sorry for the late reply. As you can see in the history, I created this
box. I agree with the above points, however I really see a need to have an
overview for every tutorial
* how long it may take (this depends on computer speed and the like, but
it's a difference if it takes 30 minutes, 3 hours or 30 hours)
* if it has ever been useful for any reader
* what distribution the examples target
* when the URLs given in the tutorial were accessed last time successfully

I went ahead and just did this tutorial factbox. Although I am aware of
the above points.