Free Time to Donate

Thomas Thym ungethym at mevin.net
Fri Feb 4 23:45:58 UTC 2011

On Thursday 03 February 2011 00:40:30 wrote Jeff P. Zacher:
> My name is Jeffrey Zacher and I have an A.A.S. in Computer Information Systems
> from Oklahoma State University and 10+ years of development experience.  I
> have been a KDE user since Mandrake and read a blog post saying you are in
> need of PHP, HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT coders to help maintain your website.  I
> currently have free time and I would be happy to assist as I am well versed in
> webscripting and web development with these and other technologies.

That's great. Thanks for your help.

There are basically two kinds of things you can do:

1) Help us move KDE websites to new style (we call it chihuahua). There are
still about 50 websites using the old kde.org style which need to use the new
template.
For example, http://ev.kde.org uses new template, but http://utils.kde.org
doesnt.

2) Help us write new web applications the KDE project needs. For example, we
are planning to create a web application for managing KDE developer sprints.
(more details on this particular project on
http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2010/11/kde-and-web-developers.html )

You can also join us on #kde-www on freenode (irc) for more details.

Cheers,
Thomas