KDE WWW Application

Emil Sedgh emilsedgh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 20:25:03 UTC 2011

Hello Kai.

On Se shanbe, Bahman 12, 1389 07:38:49 pm Kai Uwe b wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I have read a call on KDE‘s Planet blog calling for expierienced PHP, HTML,
> CSS developers.
> Well, I think I am. I‘d love helping out with one or the other KDE pages,
> especially the Plasma page could receive some love though since it still
> used for the Javascript Jam Session only.
There are basically two ways of helping us:

1) Help us move KDE websites to new style (we call it chihuahua). There are
still about 50 websites using the old kde.org style which need to use the new
template.
For example, http://ev.kde.org uses new template, but http://utils.kde.org
doesnt.

2) Help us write new web applications the KDE project needs. For example, we
are planning to create a web application for managing KDE developer sprints.
(more details on this particular project on
http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2010/11/kde-and-web-developers.html )

Please note that there are some floss projects we use for our websites, for
example mdiawiki for all wiki's and phpbb for forums. We have some custom
plugins and themes for them, so you also have the opportunity to help kde and
learn them at the same time.

so if you want to updated plasma's webpage (or any other project's webpage),
contact the maintainers and developers. speak to them and see what they think.
then just do it.

You should also join us on #kde-www on freenode (irc chat) because most of our
disucssions happens there.

> I am currently working on a lot of web projects of which only one is
> finalized and online at the moment: http://www.hoschele.info but others
> are to follow.
I think you gave us wrong link. Its not being resolved here.