Offering a helping hand

Emil Sedgh emilsedgh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 20:00:21 UTC 2011

On Se shanbe, Bahman 12, 1389 04:51:19 pm Ferenc Gergely Szilagyi wrote:
> Hello,
Hello Ferenc, and welcome.

> I have read on Planet KDE that you are looking for PHP / HTML coders.
> I am a long time user of KDE and I really would like to give something
> back. If you give some pointers on where to start, I would be more
> than willing to get myself involved!
>
> I am a PHP developer by profession, working for one of the biggest
> ISPs of my home country.
There are basically two ways of giving a hand:

1) Help us move KDE websites to new style (we call it chihuahua). There are
still about 50 websites using the old kde.org style which need to use the new
template.
For example, http://ev.kde.org uses new template, but http://utils.kde.org
doesnt.

2) Help us write new web applications the KDE project needs. For example, we
are planning to create a web application for managing KDE developer sprints.
(more details on this particular project on
http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2010/11/kde-and-web-developers.html )

Please note that there are some floss projects we use for our websites, for
example mdiawiki for all wiki's and phpbb for forums. We have some custom
plugins and themes for them, so you also have the opportunity to help kde and
learn them at the same time.

You should also join us on #kde-www on freenode (irc chat) because most of our
disucssions happens there.