No subject

Sat Dec 3 03:57:03 UTC 2011

> As for the main kde.org site there is a few ideas floating around as to h=
ow
> to make use of it the best and use it to kickstart navigation around the
> rest of the KDE sites. There isn't currently any proposals for this that =
> am aware of apart then the original two column design.

I think the navigation and reporting the user's location is very important =
and=20
deserves a lot of thought.  I actually like the listing of the tree in the=
=20
top-left corner, with the separating slashes.  However, the rest of the=20
navigation should probably concentrate on the broad "areas" of KDE that=20
people are interested in.  We MOSTLY have these areas highlighted in the le=
ft=20
side of our example web pages "Learn" "Develop" "Download" etc.

Random idea: Perhaps we can put links to the rest of the KDE sister sites o=
nly=20
in the menus of content pages that are relevant.  For example, the main sit=
e=20
wouldn't have anything.  But the "Applications of KDE" sub site will have=
=20
links to kate, konqueror, kmail, etc. web pages.  The "KDE for your Whole=
=20
Family" sub site will have links to usability and so forth.  That's a rando=
m=20
idea, as stated above. :)

Our overall problem spawning endless discussion is probably that we were be=
ing=20
a little too fuzzy, and not really identifying WHAT we wanted to do, as=20
opposed to how it looked.  Perhaps we should take a moment, write down who=
=20
the web site serves and what it will provide to those it serves.  We've=20
gotten most of the users listed, so the "what we provide" is going to be an=
=20
extension of that.

--=20
-- Irwin

Dreams may be in sleep, or may occur waking.  In all cases, listen to your=
=20
dreams.