blogs on www

Emil Sedgh emilsedgh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:05:07 UTC 2011

On Panj shanbe, Farvardin 18, 1390 04:21:36 PM Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Heya folks :)
>
> Is anyone working on merging the planet config with the one on www
> atm? It is kinda unfortunate that www only shows a very small subset
> of planet blogs. We have so much more to show and hide it :/
> Whoever can fix that gets cookies at the desktop summit.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

Hello Lydia.
We spoke about it recently with Ingo. The 'ideal' of doing it would be to add
a few fields to identity.kde.org to get rss feeds of people instead of planet
config file.
Then we should trick planet and kde.org to get the info from identity.kde.org

Although, I have absolutely no idea when this could be possible, as it would
take some effort from sysadmins, kde.org and planet.kde.org maintainers.

Also, there is some more complexity involved as it seems we have multiple
planet these days (pim, other languages, etc)

There must be a little more hackish way of doing it (planet exporting data and
kde.org fetching that). This was seems more feasible currently. Although,
planet people should comment if they can export data.b