Link OpenId to Existing Account

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Nov 23 20:35:24 UTC 2010

On Thursday 04 Nov 2010 09:38:05 DBA wrote:
> Howzit Folks?
>
> I'm not sure if any of the email addresses that I sent this to are correct
> but I hope that if they aren't you can direct me to who I should contact
> as I can't find it on the web page.
>
> I'm trying to link my OpenId to an existing account (aztrix) on the
> UserBase page but it seems that the email address and password associated
> with it (aztrix) have been reset . I have two questions:
>
> 1.	What happened to my existing account (aztrix) that the email address and
> password are missing? 2.	How do I retrieve the password when it doesn't
> have an email address and won't allow me to specify one?
>
> Let me know if you require screen shots to clarify the problem I'm having.
>
> Any help appreciated.

I was away when this arrived, so sorry for the delay.

Although I am a wikisysop, I can't access your private details.  I would
indeed be interested to see a screenshot of the personal details page, where
the missing details should be, so that I can more clearly talk to the sysop
that has database-level access.

I believe that it is possible to merge accounts, so the best answer may be for
you to create a new account using your openID, ensuring that a password is set
in case of emergencies, then tell us the names of the two accounts to be
merged - don't forget to make it clear which is the new one.  Hopefully we can
solve the problem this way.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group