Ready to delete quality.kde.org, admin help needed

Will Entriken kde.org at phor.net
Sun Aug 15 20:35:38 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I have taken all efforts to move relevant quality.kde.org content to
more active places and am requesting consensus and assistance to
remove the site. This message shows how the content will be preserved,
recommendations on how to proceed and what administrative help I need.

I have moved Quality content regarding programming and promotion to
http://www.kde.org/community/getinvolved/ which I have been
maintaining for 3 years. Today I have confirmed that all content on
Quality is available from other sources, some of which I
created/updated today (indicated by *, and will be live when the
webserver catches up to SVN):

* http://www.kde.org/community/getinvolved/documentation/
* http://www.kde.org/community/getinvolved/testing/
http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Bugsquad
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Sources/Anonymous_SVN
* http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/The_Power_Of_The_Doer

The http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/The_Power_Of_The_Doer page above
has no inbound links. If there is interest in bringing this content
(originally by cwoelz, according to SVN) to official status, that is a
separate process.

Attached is a candidate to replace the front page of Quality and
remove all other pages. Even better would be to 301 the whole site to
http://www.kde.org or http://www.kde.org/community/getinvolved/. Is
there any objection to doing either of these? If not, is there someone
who can help me implement the 301?

Thank you,
Will Entriken

P.S. If you believe it would make sense to put some of this into
community.kde.org, please give me some specifics hints on what to do.