[dot] Que?

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Aug 7 13:48:47 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 03:46:55PM +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> > > Again something I'd love to hear more about - rawdog was limiting here, anyone knows what's going on in that area?
> >
> > What's your question?
>
> If I understood the issue correctly, the current planet software ain't perfectly capable of coping with the current planet stream and adding more languages as separate pages on there might make it crash (more). I believe you said there were updates to the software needed but that would be a lot of work/difficult/dunno...
>
> So I wonder if anyone has been able to work on this, if it's planned etc?!? Or are we ready to add more languages to planet KDE already?

The current rawdog install does take up a lot of memory I'm told and
dirk has changed its update frequency down to 45 minutes.  I have an
update to a newer version of rawdog which I'm told fixes memory issues
but it's stuck on a unicode error (typical python).  Any help
appreciated
http://people.canonical.com/~jriddell/tmp/planetkde-rawdog-2.12.tar.gz

Jonathan