Change in mailing list purpose

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Oct 4 18:21:36 UTC 2009

We had some trouble in the past with kde-www at kde.org serving a dual purpose,
on one hand for receiving mails directed to webmaster at kde.org and on the
other hand to discuss the KDE web sites. This lead to conflicts as people
sending mail to webmaster can expect privacy, but discussing the work on the
web sites works better when it's done openly.

To solve this we now have created kde-webmaster at kde.org which will get the
webmaster mails. This list is private and subscription is moderated. We'll
open up kde-www again, so that it can be used as open discussion list.

In order to make this work we need a couple of volunteers who subscribe to
kde-webmaster and help answering requests there. Judging from the current
traffic on kde-www it's not too much work. So if you are willing to help with
this please subscribe to the new list. Your help is very much appreciated.

We'll continue to use kde-www as the central list to discuss the work on the
KDE web sites. This includes the static sites, in particular www.kde.org, and
the Wikis (Techbase, User Base, and the Community Wiki).