Sponsoring Konqueror

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Mon Jun 1 13:10:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 14:22, Andreas <meetup at mieterra.com> wrote:

> At first I thought it was a good idea, but then upon further reflection I am
> not sure I want KDE eV to compete against individual KDE contributors for
> sponsorships which could go toward actual development.  Thus I would sugest
> that any contribution to KDE eV be presented as an alternative or (better)
> an additional avenue of sponsorship, rather than as a preference to
> sponsoring actual development efforts (e.g., $100 for 12 months could also
> buy a developer a quite nice laptop or desktop computer these days).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Andreas

This was not about competition at all.
You are aware that the KDE eV sponsors travel costs and the like for
several developer sprints and Akademy for a lot of developers and
other contributors each year? And hardware? And all kinds of other
things? ;-)

But that's besides the point anyway as Konqueror developers don't seem
very interested and if they really only want to buy links they'll
probably not be too happy with the eV option either.

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher