Can't log in with OpenID

Josiah Barber josiah.barber at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 01:49:44 UTC 2009

I wanted to join the community at "The Dot", and attempted to log in
using my livejournal.com OpenID account.

I went to http://www.kdenews.org/user then clicked "Log in using
OpenID".  I entered my livejournal.com OpenID as

http://maharishi.livejournal.com

I was taken to livejournal.com to confirm, just as I should, but once
I confirmed access, I was taken back to kdenews with this error
message:

    * The username contains an illegal character.
    * You must enter an e-mail address.
    * OpenID registration failed for the reasons listed. You may
register now, or if you already have an account you can log in now and
add your OpenID under "My Account"

I retried using just "maharishi.livejournal.com" (removing the
http://), just in case, but it didn't help.  I can use my livejournal
account to successfully log in using OpenID on other sites, so I
believe the problem is on your end.

Thanks,
Josiah Barber