Incorrect MD5 hash specified

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sun Jan 18 11:57:47 UTC 2009

Op Sunday 18 January 2009 10:19 schreef u:
> Am Samstag, 17. Januar 2009 schrieb Tanzeel Kazi:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been downloading the KDE 4.1.4 sources lately. I am using the MD5
> > hashes specified at http://www.kde.org/info/4.1.4.php to verify my
> > downloads. The hash check failed on the file kdebindings-4.1.4.tar.bz2. I
> > downloaded it multiple times but the hash check failed (the hash of the
> > downloaded files remained unchanged though). I even tried a different
> > mirror but with the same result. I am specifying the details of the hash
> > inconsistency below.
>
> I can confirm this. Same checksum error here.
>
> CC to sysadmin. Who is creating the tarballs and maintaining the download
> page?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Hi,

I've updated the md5sum on the website.

After the inital packaging there was a minor change and the tarball was recreated. Only that second tarball did not make it to the website, but the checksum did. So it's the first tarball you download. I now updated the website to show the md5sum of the first tarball too..

Thanks for checking and reporting.

Best,

Toma